where do I start?
- well, you’ve already taken the first step because you’re here! next, browse the blog and finally send me a contact form so i can get in touch with you to answer your questions and/or plan your session. ok now, sit back, relax and get excited to be a part of the big shots experience.
when should I schedule my session?
- it is best to make your appointment way before you want it. i typically book six to eight weeks out. i fill up very quickly in the spring, summer and early fall. newborn sessions should be scheduled as soon as you have an estimated due date.
where will my session be held?
- wherever we want! the city is my studio! i choose not to have a studio because i love shooting in different places. it gives you the opportunity to go places you like or want to try. we can go as far as downtown or as close by as your home. (newborn sessions always take place in your home). and don’t worry – nobody expects a house with kids to be spotless! your personality will come through better au natural, without stiff posing and harsh lights. tell me about the kind of feel you want to your images or let me know which images speak most to you on this blogsite and we can determine the best location for your session.
- i do have a home office where we will meet to select your images, see samples, and pick up your order. you can even stop by just to say hi if you want.
how long will my session last?
- most sessions last about one hour. Infants and newborns take longer (sometimes up to three hours) since there can be a lot of feedings & diaper changes. I don’t have a time limit but kids do. when they’re done…they are DONE! i take as much time as i need and as the kids will give me to give you the portraits you’ve been wanting and waiting for.
i want a session! how much does it cost?
- the session fee is paid by credit card upon booking your session. children, family, couples & maternity session fees are $125. newborn session fees are included with newborn packages. senior session fees start at $99. contact me for a detailed price list.
- session fees covers my time and talent and includes everything from our initial contact through to your ordering session. from coordinating your session day, to our adventures at the session itself, to the hours spent in my digital darkroom hand processing each image, the experience is customized just for you. when you invest in a session with me, you deserve my full focus and attention toward making sure you get the kind of images you have pictured in your heart and hopefully, a few extra surprises, too.
- please contact me for a detailed price list.
how much can I expect to spend?
- obviously price is a very important issue for everyone. at bigshots it’s not about throwing a number at you. It’s about finding the right products that fit your session and your life.
- at big shots, we think of photography as art. my clients use their photographic art to decorate and enhance their homes, offices, gifts and their lives.
- while I don’t have a minimum, most of my clients spend between $600 and $2,000 for custom portraiture. these pieces quickly find a special place in the home and heart. nobody comes to bigshots for just a single 8×10. if you’re looking based solely on price and want the cheapest photographer and products, big shots is not for you. a custom photo session with me is fun, relaxed, natural, and freeing. if you want the best photographer, ultimate session experience, personalized ordering session and an ongoing client relationship, we’d be a perfect match!
do I have to order prints from you, or can I just buy the digital files?
- i do sell digital files of your images. i understand we live in a digital world. everyone carries around a cell phone and has facebook.
- the digital option is for the family who wants to print oodles of photos for themselves or as gifts. digital files are perfect for scrapbookers or people who want to make their own custom cards. use the files as a screensaver, on facebook and anywhere else on the web. if you want your digital images, you should have your digital images…forever. you should be able to come back to your CD years down the road. this is why i sell digital collections on CD.
- you will receive one high resolution CD of your chosen fully retouched images with a release to print form for printing your digital negatives. i also include a recommendations and an information page, to help you get the best quality products and most use from your digital purchases.
- but, you don’t have to feel like you have to do all of the work yourself. if you purchase a CD you may still purchase big shots boutique items as well: gallery wrap canvases, enlargements, albums, books, birth announcements, holiday cards, storyboards, etc..
what if i’m pregnant and want a newborn session but i’m not sure when the baby will be here?
- just tell me your estimated due date and then I’ll schedule a tentative time for your session. contact me as soon as you can after the baby is born and we will set a specific date from there. i very much suggest and ask that newborn sessions be held within 10 days of birth. you’re probably thinking, “that’s crazy” but that’s when you’re going to get the most cooperation for all those adorable sleepy, squishy newborn poses.
- the MOST important thing, however, is to book your session as soon as you can WHILE you’re pregnant. please don’t wait until your baby is born as my schedule fills up very quickly and I don’t want you to be left without newborn images.
- if you’ve just found me and already had your baby but really want the Big Shots baby experience, contact me and I’ll try to get you in. i love photographing newborns and I will do what I can to fit one into my schedule.
something came up! can i cancel or reschedule my session?
- definately! the session fee is non-refundable but your session can be rescheduled. just give me 24 hours notice. it may take a while to fit you back on the calendar but we’ll get you in again.
oh my gosh! i can’t wait to have a big shots session but i still have so many questions!