i’m marla lisman and I’m the photographer behind big shots photography. whether we’ve already met or you’re checking me out, here’s some information about me in case you want to know.
- after graduating from ohio state (GO BUCKS) with a degree in advertising and getting my masters in education from xavier, i decided i’d rather be a photographer. college money well spent! LOL!
- photography is more than a job to me. photography is my passion and my creative outlet rolled into one. to get where i am today, i spent many years working hard & learning every chance i could. i started out working with film and negatives; slowly transitioning to being 100% digital in 2004. i enjoy being an active part of conventions, seminars and online forums where i meet and become inspired by other photographers. whether i’m on a shoot, working at my computer or meeting with clients i always think of how lucky i am. i still can’t believe i get to do what i love and love what i do.
- i have two amazing kiddos and am married to my soul mate.
- i feel lucky that I get to see my parents and brother multiple times per week.
- i’ve had the same group of friends for umpteen years with whom i laugh so hard I cry.
- during my “me” time, I love being with my family. we play lots of games.
- i hate monopoly but love just about any other board game. come by on a weeknight when the weather is nice and you’ll probably find us outside playing four square.
- i cherish the one-on-one time I get with my kids. i have spa nights with my daughter and try to pretend like I can play sports with my son (i think he’s caught on to the fact that i suck).
- my hubby hates that I write in lower case letters all of the time.
- he and I love taking long walks, eating anything asian and watching romantic comedies at the mariemont or esquire theatres.
- i also enjoy chilling out on facebook, cooking, reading novels (I have a running booklist if you need any recommendations), and working out.
- life is good.
- oh, and i have the BEST clients in the city (you thought I forgot you???). you let me do what i do best and i let you do what you do best. i shoot with my blend of creativity and sass and you just look good and have fun!
if you want to know more about me, just ask. most of my clients become my friends so you’ll probably find out more than you ever thought you’d know.